This website is owned and operated by Online Glass. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” will refer to Online Glass. Online Glass offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms. These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
- If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Should you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site. Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
- Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless colouredglass.co.uk and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
- In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall online-glass.co.uk, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
B. Products & Services
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- All contents and information on this site including without limitation text, graphic and images, is the property of Online-Glass.co.uk or the property of their respective owners and is protected by United Kingdom copyright laws. All trademarks that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all information contained within our site. If, for whatever reason, we are unable to fulfil your order we will offer the nearest possible alternative or issue a full refund if payment has already been processed.
- All our coloured glass splashbacks are made by back painting coloured glass so (as with tiles) our colours are made in batches. If you intend to place a repeat order you should be aware that there may be a slight colour difference, for this reason we cannot guarantee that the colour will be the same.
- Please note that the colours displayed on our colour charts, website are only to be used as a guide. We do not use Dulux or Farrow and Ball paint etc as this paint is not suitable for glass. We cannot guarantee that our paint will match other paint manufacturers, the colour represented on an individual's computer screen or that we can reproduce a colour to a higher than 95% level of accuracy. Reproduction of colour online is as accurate as photographic and electronic processes will allow. Colours appear very differently from computer to computer, both on the screen and when printed with different printers. Colour charts when viewed on the Internet, can only give an approximate indication of the actual colour of the glass. We have printed swatches available to order from the website and also standard colour glass samples that will give a very close match to the real colour.
- Due to the variation in the manufacture of glass the colours as shown on the colour chart or sample cannot be guaranteed. Due to the nature of the manufacturing process the colour reproduction might vary from one batch to another or from a sample to the finished product. We cannot also guarantee that the colour chosen will be a perfect match to a back-painted glass made from any other manufacturer when using the same colour code.
- The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to match as closely as possible the finished product with the colour chart.
- Certain glass types other than low-iron have a higher content of iron in them which causes a green effect that changes slightly the final colour of the colour coat. Please refer to the coloured glass samples for a more accurate indication. The colours on samples are slightly lighter than the finished product as samples allow more light through the edge of the glass thus making the colour lighter.
- Paint colour can be distorted by the green tinge due to the presence of iron oxide found naturally in the raw materials used to produce glass. This tint becomes more visible as glass gets thicker. Light colours are most susceptible to this, while the impact is minimal on dark colours. We endeavour to source the best possible quality glass to minimise on this imperfection.
- Standard colour glass samples are available to order from our website. Any other colours are made individually and subject to additional charge.
- For our metallics splashbacks we use the Ral metallics range. If unsure of the colour we do advise ordering a Ral chart to check before ordering.
- Please note that as tablets and computer screens can vary and are backlit the images may appear slightly different in colour or brightness.
- For Toughened Glass panels we recommend the following: Gas Hobs: Position a minimum of 60mm from any naked flame. This is measured with a large pan in position and the gas set on high.Electric/ Induction/ Ceramic Hobs: Position a minimum of 100mm from edge of hob to face of glass.
- Please note when installing glass panels they should not sit directly on or against any other substance, use packing/distance blocks (wood/plastic) and seal perimeter with a suitable material.It is your responsibility to ensure the right product is used in the right place. Cleaning: All glass should be cleaned regularly and only when it is cold.
D. Privacy & Security
- Your personal details will not be passed on or sold to any other company in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We may from time to time contact existing customers to inform them of a new offer or service, if you do not wish to receive these emails you may opt out at any time. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
E. Manufacturing & Delivery Time
- The following orders will incur additional delivery charge: Deliveries going to outside UK mainland (excluding Northern Ireland). Delivery of larger panels that are either over 20kgs in weight or have one dimension exceeding 1300mm. As a guide one m2 of glass weighs approximately 15kg. If an order is placed online matching one of the above exemptions we will be in touch to inform you if there is an extra additional delivery charge.
Alternatively, please email us and we can quote prior to ordering.
- Bespoke products typically take the following time frames from order date:
Clear Glass (approx. 14-21 Days)
Coloured Glass (approx. 14-21 Days)
Printed Glass (approx. 21-24 Days)
Printed Glass (over and including 90mm x 90mm) (approx. 4-6 weeks)
This is an estimated time frame NOT a guarantee.
We'll do our very best to keep you informed, and dispatch your order as quickly as we can. Please note that, due to the bespoke nature of the product, on occasion there can be a delay arising from a quality issue or other unforeseen circumstances.
- We are unable to consider any claims of compensation for any such delays. If this happens we will do our best to keep the delay to a minimum.
- We will email you through tracking details as soon as it is ready to dispatch, unfortunately we cannot give a precise dispatch date until the order has passed quality control.
- Please note that if delivery is missed we will not be liable for any damage or breakage caused to the parcel by the courier. It is therefore in your best interest to make sure that someone can receive delivery - the panels are toughened glass but are still easily damaged.
- Also note that once the parcel leaves ourselves you will be responsible for taking delivery of the parcel - if you have not received it within 3 days we would advise you call your local depot and check. If the courier attempts delivery and there is no-one home they will only hold it for a few days before returning the parcel to us - we would then have to charge a re-delivery fee to get the panel back to you.
- In accordance with the distance selling regulations, your orders may not be cancelled once payment is received “for the supply of goods made to the consumer’s own specification and measurements. However, we reserve the right to make this decision as we may be able to issue a refund if the manufacturing process has not begun (as mentioned above).
- We make every effort to keep our delivery and packing charges as low as possible. The delivery and packing charge depends on the value and type of product ordered.
- We do not deliver outside the UK.
- We can deliver to addresses within the United Kingdom although for deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and certain remote locations e.g. Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands there may be an additional delivery charge and slightly longer delivery lead time. We will advise if there are any additional carriage charges to your order once it has been received by us for processing. In these circumstances, you will not be bound to continue with your purchase, and will be asked to email us to confirm that you wish to proceed.
- Goods can be delivered either to most UK business or home addresses with a valid postcode.
- Your order will be delivered either by Royal Mail, Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, our own transport or by Courier. A signature is required for all Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, own transport and Courier deliveries. If delivered by a courier the glass will be packed in a box. If delivered by us the glass will be loose with travel pads. In that case it will be tailboard, kerbside, driver only delivery and you are to arrange offloading.
- Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as “UNCHECKED”. Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
- Delivery times are calculated in working days – i.e. Monday to Friday inclusive (working days do not include weekends or National Bank Holidays). In case of Bank Holidays please allow an extra 2 working days. In some cases we can deliver on Saturday or Sunday.
- Risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery. Delivery is deemed to have taken place once a signature has been received accepting such delivery.
- Goods delivered by courier should arrive between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. All deliveries must be signed for. If you are out when the courier arrives the Courier will leave a card with the contact number for you to call to arrange a suitable time for redelivery. We do everything we can to meet the delivery time specified in this section, however occasionally delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay. Online-Glass.co.uk shall have no liability whatsoever for any damages or losses arising directly or indirectly as a result of failed delivery.
F. Refunds & Return Policy
- Please check for any visible signs of damage to the packaging of your order before signing for the delivery. Any items damaged in transit should be noted at time of delivery, and if possible delivery should be refused and returned to us. Please contact us as soon as possible to let us know.
- If the order has arrived broken, we do not refund the order but will have a replacement with you as soon as possible.
- For faults that are not apparent until after opening, you must let us know within 24 hours of receiving the item this can be done by email or phone. We may need you to email us photographic evidence of the fault. We will then decide how best to rectify the fault, where possible we reserve the right to replace the order or repair any defects rather than remaking that particular piece of glass or issuing any form of compensation. When assessing surface faults the panel is to be observed from a distance of 1.5 metres under normal daylight conditions. Angle of observation is to be 90 degrees to the glass surface. i.e. normal incidence. Only marks visible from this distance will be considered. Only marks that are greater than 2mm in length will be considered a defect.
- Online-Glass.co.uk accepts NO responsibility for damage or breakages when panels are installed by others and have not been fitted as for our recommendations.
- The toughening process will inevitably result in a product whose optical quality is lower than that of a panel from which it was produced. Surface distortion is produced by a reduction in the surface flatness which can be seen particularly in reflection. This can be exacerbated when the glass used is body tinted, or surface coated (including post toughening coating i.e. back painting)
- With horizontal toughening due to the directional nature of the process, the distortion may take the form of bands approximately 250/300mm apart.
- These distortions can be made more visible by applying a back coating of paint, which will increase as the paint colour becomes darker. Panels with a coating of black paint will reflect these distortions more than a panel with a white painted coating.
- Visual Quality (body faults, seeds & bubbles). The number, size and distribution of seeds, bubbles, etc are defined for the glasses under consideration in the appropriate parts of BS952.No change will occur as a result of the toughening process. Assessment of body faults should be undertaken using the method/criteria given for the basic glasses in the appropriate parts of BS952.
- A panel is deemed to be acceptable if surface faults, e.g scars, scratches, etc are not readily visible when viewed in transmission. As with surface distortion, should a panel have a coating to 1 side, then any surface faults on that side may become more visible as the colour gets darker. Please note that glass panels that are smaller than 70mm cannot be polished and the edges will not be treated. Bubbles in laminated glass will be deemed to be acceptable provided that they do not exceed 4mm in diameter and spaced more than 250mm in any direction.
- Where you have asked us to leave your order in a safe place at your premises or with a friend or neighbour you do so at your own risk.
- If the glass is fitted we are unable to consider any claims of damage.
- As all our glass splashbacks are made bespoke to your order requirements we do not offer a refund if the order is correct but there has been a change of mind. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a return service for custom made items.
- Please note that our coloured and printed glass splashbacks should be adhered with our recommended neutral cure silicone sealant. Other sealants may cause a reaction with the print/paint. Any fault arising with your coloured or printed splashback once on the wall will not be considered if you have not purchased and used the recommended adhesive from our site.
- Once you have placed your order online we will check over your order details and send you through a personal confirmation. Orders requiring additional delivery payments or that have been priced incorrectly will be highlighted to you at this time and you will have the option to continue with the additional payment or cancel your order. Please check your email regularly as we will email through any issues that may arise and also when ready for dispatch.
- Once you have received this confirmation then your order will go into production.
- Your order may be changed at any time up until the manufacturing process has begun, please note as this is a bespoke item there is no option to cancel the order with a full refund once production has commenced. If in mid way production, we can offer a cancellation with a payable fee for the works done so far.
- You should be aware that with all toughened glass products, there is a 2mm tolerance. This is due to the toughening process itself where the glass is taken to melting point before being rapidly cooled meaning the size can change a little. If you have carefully followed our measuring instructions this should not be an issue but should your glass not fit due to this reason we cannot be held accountable.
- Although the glass may be low iron, there is always an amount of iron in the glass and this can also slightly effect colours coming through the splashback.
G. Billing and Accounts
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
- We have used every effort to ensure that shopping on the Internet with Online-Glass.co.uk is as safe as purchasing by credit or debit card from offline companies. Our secure server software encrypts your personal payment information sent over the Internet. Payments are processed using latest encryption methods. In processing your order, your information may have to be sent over the Internet more than once. At no point is your order information sent in this way without encryption. We will not trade, resell, sell, or redistribute information that you provide to us, to any other companies, organisations or individuals.
- Payment. We accept payment using most major credit and debit cards. Sage Pay can be used on request. You may pay your order(s) using some of the cards listed below. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number that your credit/debit card has on file for you – this will ensure no delays in processing your order.
• Visa (Debit/Credit)
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Our online store can accept orders originating from and for delivery to UK addresses only. To order goods from our online store simply click the “add to basket” button on the product information page. After making your selections use the “view basket” link. You will be able to review and amend your order before proceeding through the checkout pages. We will ask for details of your billing address – this must be the address at which your Credit/Debit card is registered – and email/phone contact details so we can contact you if we need to discuss your order.
- Clicking “send order” will take you to ask for details of the Credit/Debit card you wish to use to make your payment. On confirmation this will generate and transmit your order and display a page confirming the details of your order for your records. If you need to amend your order after it has been generated, please contact us either by email or post. Online-Glass.co.uk will confirm receipt of your order by sending an email to you using the address you supplied when making your online purchase, however this will not bring into existence a legally binding agreement between us. All orders placed on Online-Glass.co.uk are subject to stock availability and to the validation checks described in section 4 below. Also please refer to section 1 above regarding incorrect prices. No contract will exist between you and Online-Glass.co.uk for the sale of products by us to you until we send our official order acknowledgement to you. This will be deemed to be our acceptance of your order and to have been effectively communicated to you. This website operates on an “invitation to treat” basis and not as an “offer for sale” as a result, Online-Glass.co.uk reserves the right to decline orders for bulk, high value or otherwise suspicious purchases. Please note that the only language in which the contract can be concluded is English.
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges for unwanted goods, unless they are faulty.
- Please also note that these regulations do not apply to cut pieces, machined parts or any other item which has been manufactured, cut or supplied to your personal specifications. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you purchase a product from us which is found to be faulty we will supply a replacement product, arrange for a repair or give you a refund of the purchase price. You have 48 hours to report faulty products. Good will not be credited or replaced after this time.
- The Company must be informed in writing (otherwise than on the Carriers documents) within 48 hours of the Buyer obtaining possession of the Goods in the event of any deficiency or damage.
- The Company as far as notification of loss or damage is concerned, can from time to time vary arrangements without notice.